Before you consider becoming an employer by hiring staff, you need to consider what your need actually is.
If you answer ‘yes’ to most of the following questions, then you’re in a good position to hire staff:
- Are you missing out on potential business because you’re too busy?
- Is stress causing you to spend most of your days feeling harassed and pressured?
- Could the business grow more successfully if you spent more time doing what you do best instead of unrelated tasks?
- Could you maximise your time on things that generate the most revenue if you had someone doing less profitable tasks?
You don’t want to deny your business the chance to grow by hesitating to hire because you’re worried about whether you’ll be able to find the right person. You also don’t want to miss out because you’re worried about the extra compliance, which comes with being an employer.
So, what do you need to do to become not just an employer, but an employer of choice?
Is your business attractive to potential employees?
Potential employees will sell themselves to you, but to attract the right kind of people you need to sell your business to them too.
Apart from competitive remunerations packages, make sure you leverage other key benefits your business has:
- Customer satisfaction– promote your commitment to providing an excellent customer experience with testimonials on your website.
- Environment– if you’re able to offer a relaxed, flexible environment then highlight this. People with excellent skills and experience may be looking to avoid a pressure-cooker workplace and/or the ability to work from home.
- Quality products and service– focus on your commitment to providing the best offering you can, thereby demonstrating your responsibility and dedication.
- Provide incentives– a rewards program is a great way to attract candidates. Incentives can be just as tempting as what you’ll be paying them.
Exhort : Myob
How to recruit right:
The team at Flexiforce are here to help. Our professional team help employers to work through these important issues to provide you with candidates that will help your business grow and provide productivity now and in the future. Contact our team today